Saturday, January 5, 2008

Blog virgin

This is all completely new to me. I have never written anything for anyone else to read, other than papers at school and childish love letters when I was 10. If this comes across at either, I apologize up front.
My reasons for doing this are as follows:

1. I started a new job working for Miracle A/S, and have been asked to complete the Miracle Extreme Education Programme. While going through the course, Mogens Nørgaard has challenged me to keep a blog on my discoveries/frustrations/accomplishments etc.

2. I hope that this blog will help myself, when things get difficult and tough, to remember the things I've learned, and that I (hopefully) will be able to realize that I've made some progress.

Before joining Miracle I was working for a communications company (cell phones) primarily with Siebel. Databases were something I used for storing and retrieving data, in a more or less refined way. I have installed a few oracle DB's, I know a little about things like schema's, tablespaces, DB-links, synonyms etc. I also have a very basic knowledge of SQL, mainly used for generating reports, finding errors and checking new functionality.
By no means would I call my knowledge of Oracle impressive. There is plenty of room for improvement!

Overall I am 100% convinced that I have a ton to learn, and frankly I'm a little intimidated by my new colleagues :)

Anyway, I'll try to keep this blog up do date as best I can. Afterall, this will probably serve me much more than anyone else.

No comments: